At Pommel we are committed to the welfare of our horses. We know you guys feel the same, which is why we have developed and created our best selling shampoos using only the highest quality ingredients. Our mission is to encourage people to apply the same principles of human skin care to animals. A horse's skin is just as sensitive as ours (and in places it's actually thinner) and we have learnt that each animal is individual in its needs.
We are proud to list all our ingredients so you know exactly what you are putting on your horse (and yourself)! One super ingredient we use in all of our shampoos and VELVET is aloe vera, or 'aloe barbadensis leaf juice' as it appears on our label. We just can't get enough of this wonder plant and here's why:
1) It contains an insane amount of vitamins, including A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, E, Choline and Folic Acid. These vitamins are great for protecting the skin from the elements which can be damaging to cell structures.
2) It's a great natural moisturiser. Aloe can be effective at preserving moisture, increasing water retention in the skin. Say goodbye to excessive scurf! Aloe makes our shampoos suitable for frequent use as they are non-drying whilst preserving the natural biome of the horse's skin.
3) Aloe has antimicrobial properties against many common bacteria and fungi. This is particularly helpful if you have a horse with sensitive skin.
4) It is an excellent cleansing and detoxifying agent that has ability to remove dead skin cells and toxins while purifying the pores. Blocked pores can cause soreness and irritation.
5) It is scentless and unlikely to irritate. This is a big one - ever felt like you have sore skin after washing your horse then looked on the bottle to see no ingredients in sight? Commonly, horse shampoos are made with harsh chemicals that can irritate, dry and exacerbate skin conditions. Our products contain no SLS, parabens, harsh chemicals, artificial colour or bleach - yet they are highly effective at getting you show ready.